Viktor is the managing partner of the Fund. Prior to Rockaway, Viktor worked at McKinsey & Co focusing on corporate finance and M&A. Before that, he co-founded Innovatrics, a start-up focused on biometric identification, which won multiple awards, such as Deloitte Top 50 growth companies. As a hobby, Viktor has been teaching corporate finance and valuations at Charles University in Prague, University Paris XI, and startup accelerators. Viktor holds a Masters degree from HEC Paris and MBA from INSEAD.
Radek is responsible for operations and finances of the Fund. He joined from Macquarie Investment Management ($340B AUM) in London. Radek started his career in PwC as an auditor. Radek holds EMBA degree from IMD, Msc. from Charles University and is a Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants.
Dusan Kovacic is responsible for investments. In addition to investing, Dusan actively engages in crypto-communities, advocating user-oriented product/platform development. Dusan also engages in non-profit activities. Before joining Rockaway Blockchain, he built GPU-based mining farm for Monero and worked as an IT Security engineer and project manager. Dusan holds a Computer Science degree from the Czech Technical University in Prague.
David is responsible for portfolio management. He gained experience as an Investment Analyst at RSJ Investments (€500M AUM), where he was responsible for analysing both direct investment opportunities and indirect fund of funds investments in the VC sector. David holds a CFA charter and a Master’s Degree from the University of Birmingham.
Michael most recently founded Arrington XRP Capital – a digital asset management firm in blockchain-based capital markets. Prior to that, he co-Founded CrunchFund after leading TechCrunch to a successful exit with AOL. His venture investments include Uber, Airbnb and Pinterest. Michael was the Editor of TechCrunch, which he founded in 2005. In 2008 Time Magazine named Michael “One of the World’s 100 most influential people”. Michael is currently serving as an Inaugural Binance for Children Ambassador and is passionate about leveraging blockchain technology for social good.
Andrea is an Investment Partner at Rockaway Capital. Andrea is responsible for Rockaway Ventures and fundraising. Prior to Rockaway, she gathered 18+ years of experience as investment banker in HSBC and JPMorgan in London and Citigroup, Credit Lyonnais and ABN AMRO Bank in Prague. She co-founded neo-investment bank Roklen, and for 3 years served as its Managing Director & Board Member. Andrea has extensive experience with leading and structuring M&A transactions – she did 30+ transactions with overall valuation of €25bn+.
“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.” - Anais Nin.
- – We are not afraid. We learn from past experiences. It is OK to try and fail. We get up and we try again.
- – When we feel fear, we know we're on the right path. It represents a challenge that we have to overcome to achieve our dreams.
- – We do not stop at the gatekeepers. We go straight for decision-makers. When we want something, we ask. The shortest path to a goal is a straight line.
"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs.
- – We recognize that the easiest way to be motivated, is to do what we are passionate about.
- – We are owners. We own the problem we are solving. We are self-driven and autonomous. When we are stuck and need help, we ask.
- – We are curiosity-driven, not searching for easy way out.
“It's not the job you do. It's how you do the job." - Shiv Khera
- – We are 100% professionals. We do not cut corners or do mediocre jobs. We are on time. We have processes and we stick to them.
- – Creating a company is hard and we exist to help entrepreneurs being successful at it. We are not "hierarchically superior" to entrepreneurs. It is a privilege we're given when we can invest into their companies. After investing, we go out of our way to help.
- – We push ourselves and we push our team to always be better. Being second is not good enough.
"Respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to respect." - Richard Branson
- – We live only once. Every minute we spend doing our job is not coming back. So let's make it worth it.
- – We do not argue just to be right. We eliminate our ego. We do what is best for the team and for the companies we invest into and for our investors.
- – We recognize that in investing and in life, we alone are sometimes wrong. We seek feedback and give feedback.
- – We recognize that pushing own agenda, doing politics or creating a division inside the team is a fireable offense.